Guacamole is a staple here in Texas. It’s something I like to make sometimes just to get my boyfriend in the kitchen to talk to me while I’m making tacos or fajitas. He’ll stand over the bowl indefinitely.
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed (mash to your desire — we like it a bit chunky)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Once you have your avocado just the way you want it, mix the rest of the ingredients in except your spices.
- Add spices at the end to your liking.
- Put in the fridge for 1/2 hour or more to let the flavors get to know one another.
Microwave the lime and then roll it around on the counter before you cut and squeeze it. You’ll get more juice that way. Save the other half of the lime for some Pico!
If you’re making Pico or salsa, just dump a few tablespoons of that in instead of cutting up more onions and tomatoes.